Wednesday, September 8, 2010

OLYMPIA 2010

It's only 14 days until the Man & I leave for Las Vegas. We'll be enjoying our first live-and-in-person Olympia weekend. This will be the 2nd time I've been to Las Vegas. Last time was in 2002, a week after I was diagnosed with ITP, so it was kind of a weird vacation. Not knowing what the outcome of the illness would be, having a lot of activity restrictions from my hematologist. The only good thing was that I was on about a million milligrams of prednisone and Solu-Medrol... since I'd only been on it for about a week, it made me feel great - energized, no joint pain, clear skin. So, while we were in Vegas, I felt great!

Of course, after a few more weeks on it, I'd gained over 15 pound and felt like death. C'est la Vie!

Anyway, back to the trip at hand. We're both super excited to head off for Olympia. We've been saving all our change since the day after Olympia 2009 so we could afford this. We got the super duper VIP packages, 7th row seating for the contest. We cashed in our air miles that we earned from the other part of our life (the non-body building part!) It's the 45th Olympia and coincidently it's the Man's 45th birthday this month. Exciting!

Next up - a post on how I intend to stay healthy and focused while we're in the land of buffets and dessert tables. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome. Say what you mean, mean what you say and don't say it mean.