Monday, September 20, 2010

Ready to go to the O!

I am all packed. I made up a batch of jerky to take with me, a few hard boiled eggs, I'll pick up some baby carrots and maybe an apple for the flight. It's a long flight and I will not be held hostage by crappy on board food nor expensive, not-so-good-for-me food in the airport. I also made some home made Lara-bar type things. I wizzed up in a food processor a bunch of dates, toasted sesame seeds, unsweetened coconut, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla. Squashed it together on some waxed paper, flattened it out, cut in to serving sizes pieces and wrapped in waxed paper. A piece of this with some jerky = fruit, fat, protein. Just add water for a quick snack on the go.

The faux-Lara-bars are good. Not great. Which means they're perfect! It's not something that is so delicious that I feel the need to eat 4 or 5 pieces at a time. 1 piece or a half of one even is enough to quiet my stomach and keep me happy. I will probably not tinker with this recipe much.

Great news on the dog side of my life. The girl got a clean bill of health this weekend. She goes for a recheck in a few months but everything looks great right now. No re-occurrence in the lymph nodes and no other tumors. Cross your paws! Now I can go on vacation with a load off my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome. Say what you mean, mean what you say and don't say it mean.