Thursday, September 16, 2010

Set your Bowel Disrupters on Stun!

Gearing up to head out to Olympia. It's been a rough, weird couple of weeks. Due to an extreme pay cut at work, I've been really depressed and angry. My nutrition has suffered, since I get paid every 2 weeks and the funds have been low, I haven't been buying enough veggies, which limits my meal choices and sets off a vicious cycle of more resentment and also feeling like crap because I'm not eating well enough. Sigh. It's hard.

I'm realizing that while it seems that I can eat homemade, slow fermented sourdough bread once or twice a week and still feel fine, if I happen to add in rice a few days on top of that and them maybe not getting enough good fats from avocados, etc.....well, then I *really* feel like crap and all the body aches come back. I wouldn't have eaten the rice if I'd had enough veggies. Again, the vicious cycle.

Sunday I ended up having a bout of really foul gastric disturbance, in addition to some flu-like-symptoms. Coincidence? Probably not. I ended up missing my favorite gym day - leg training. Slept for most of the day and generally felt awful.

I also had 2 nights of hot flashes/night terrors which I haven't had for a while. (I am going through peri-menopause) It's probably been over a year since I've had that fabulous sensation. Connected to the food debacle? Meh, maybe, maybe not. After the first night, I made sure that I had some ice packs wrapped in cloth in the freezer. As soon as I woke up in a sweaty panic, I ran to the freezer and cuddled up with my chilly friend. That was a huge help. I haven't had a flash since then so many I'm done with them for now.

In the mean time, I was able to scrape up enough cash to get beef on sale so I could make jerky. I also did a really good veggie shopping session at my favorite cheap-o veg store. Organic? Not a chance. But plentiful and cheap. 2 bunches of broccoli rabe for a dollar?? How can you pass on that. I splurged 3 bucks on a huge box of figs. Plus a ton of other good things. I feel better already. *grin*

Todays food so far: breakfast was fruit and jerky, lunch is a big salad with some mango and sautéed chicken with lemon juice and garlic and grass fed butter. This girl and her stomach are much happier.
Now I can start packing for Olympia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome. Say what you mean, mean what you say and don't say it mean.