Friday, March 4, 2011

Paleo + Chiropractic = Motorhead???

For the past couple of years, when ever we went to a concert - which was fairly frequently - i would end up being practically crippled by the end of the night. My hips and knees would seize up, shooting pains all over my body, etc. I'd have a hard time getting out of the car at the end of the night, limping in to the house in agony. I chalked it up to wearing big stompy boots on uneven wooden floors in crappy night clubs. Or arthritis. Or whatever. It just became a way of life. Normal for me to be so uncomfortable.

That's been getting better since switching to a paleo diet, but after months I still wasn't having full relief.

A couple of weeks ago I had my first chiropractic adjustment. Turns out my hips/sacrum/back are a mess. After a few adjustments I feel so much better that it's shocking to me.

Last night we got to rock out the mighty Motorhead. I stood through 3 bands, danced all night, fended off stage divers with my newly strong arms, walked out of the club pain free (though deaf!) got out of the car when we got home. Wait, where's the pain? I ended up doing a couple of squats next to the car, just to see what I would feel like. Nothing, no pain. Amazing.

To think I lived with this for years when all I needed was a change in what I eat and a couple of adjustments. Now I am officially ready to rock even harder than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome. Say what you mean, mean what you say and don't say it mean.